The Club has a large (40 metres x 40 metres) well-maintained crown bowling green.
This is set in pleasant surrounding gardens with herbaceous borders that include many specimen plants - maintained by our head groundsman, members of the committee and a number of other club members.
Dotted around the gardens are several donated benches for people to sit and watch the bowling, or just reflect, in a quiet and peaceful haven in the midst of a bustling city.
The committee are thankful for the help of members in maintaining the gardens - and any further members who would like to be involved would be most welcome.
The Club also has a fully equipped bowls shed, a covered veranda pavilion and a separate covered seating area for visitors / spectators.
Additional facilities include:-
- High intensity floodlights for evening matches
- Blown air central heating in the Clubhouse
- A modern kitchen - which was extended and completely refurbished in January 2016
- A 5-star hygiene rating for food and drink
- A well-stocked licensed bar, with drinks that are reasonably priced
- Facilities for the disabled - including toilets and ramps.
- Automatic hand dryers with HEPA filters and UV sanitizsation in the toilets and kitchen area
Please note that the function room at the Clubhouse is available for Private Hire to members and non-members - at just £20.00 per half day.