The Club has a large (40 metres x 40 metres) well maintained crown bowling green.
This is set in pleasant surrounding gardens with herbaceous borders that include many specimen plants - maintained by our head groundsman, members of the committee and a number of other club members.
Dotted around the gardens are several donated benches for people to sit and watch the bowling, or just reflect, in what is a quiet and peaceful haven in the midst of a bustling city.
The committee are thankful for the help of members in maintaining the gardens - and any further members who would like to be involved would be most welcome.
The Club also has a fully equipped bowls shed, a covered veranda pavilion and a separate covered seating area for spectators.
Additional facilities include:-
- High intensity floodlights for evening matches
- Blown air central heating in the Clubhouse
- A modern kitchen - which was extended and completely refurbished in January 2016
- A 5-star hygiene rating for food and drink
- A well-stocked licensed bar, with drinks that are reasonably priced
- Facilities for the disabled - including toilets and ramps.
Please note that the function room at the Clubhouse is now available for Private Hire to both members and non-members - at just £20.00 per half day.