The Club is a 'not-for-profit' Limited Company with an impressive history that stretches back for over 100 years.
It was incorporated on 26 February 1918 with 'Objects', as stated in its Memorandum of Association, to "Provide facilities for and promote participation of the whole community in the sport of crown green bowls."
Today, it is run by a dedicated Management Committee that is strongly committed to ensuring the Club is not just maintained - but is continually improved for future generations.
To become the first-choice club for new and experienced Crown Green bowlers in Derbyshire.
To actively promote the sport of crown green bowling within our local community, inspire our members, ensure we have well-managed procedures and generate sufficient funding to guarantee the long-term growth and improvement of our club through increased community cohesion based on improved bowling and leisure facilities.
- Be advocates for the club - to support new member recruitment and retention of existing members
- Provide an inviting and enjoyable experience for visiting members’ families and guests
- Act responsibly to our neighbours
- Be proud of our history and achievements as a Club
- Inspire fellow members to be the best they can be
- Enjoy crown green bowling and social activities through good sportsmanship and humour
- Encourage fellow members to lead an active lifestyle that supports their physical and emotional well-being
- Conduct ourselves in accordance with our rules & bye-laws at all times
- Be committed to the continual improvement of all aspects of the club
- Support club fundraising activities and special events
The Club also maintains a strict policy on Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection.