Our second Horse Race Evening in support of the Charity ‘Friends of Friar Gate Bridge’ (FFGB) took place in the Clubhouse on Friday 26 January 2018.
It was another ‘sell-out’ event and a great evening of entertainment - with the profits being split 50/50 with FFGB.
It was also the first opportunity to use our new Audio / Visual equipment - installed by Liam Kirkland and Martin - to whom we are most grateful.
Our thanks go to:-1. The marketing team of Gordon Lathwell, Malcolm Holden, Elizabeth Heaton (FFGB) and Howard Thomas (FFGB) who found sponsors and pre-sold horses to some 56 ‘owners’.
2. The Race Sponsors:-
- Race 1 - A W Lymn - The Family Funeral Service
- Race 2 - Mary Moore - supported by Sainsbury’s and ASDA
- Race 3 - Ted Goodhall (RVM)
- Race 4 - The Housework Fairy
- Race 5 - The Rykneld Cartel - John Dixon, Richard Knowles and Malcolm Holden
- Race 6 - Batchelor Pads Lettings Agency
- Race 7 - Littleover Betting Services.
4. The ‘bookies’ - Joanne Lawton and Mandy Coons from FFGB, who provided the horse race video, race cards and made everything run smoothly on the evening.
5. Helen Legg, Sheila Knowles, Ann Lewis, Emm Mansfield and Pat Bousefield for the catering at half-time.
6. Barrie Ladds for manning the bar throughout the evening.
7. Dennis Young for the closing vote of thanks to everyone for all their hard work in putting this event together.