The first ever Charity Horse Race event in the 100 year history of the Club was held on Friday 27 January 2017.
It was an hilarious night with over 35 members and guests present - and raised nearly £300 for the Charity 'Friends of Friar Gate Bridge' (FFGB) - www.friargatebridge.co.uk
Many thanks go to:-
- Joanne Lawton (Master of Ceremonies) and Mandy Coons (Bookie) from FFGB for making everything run so smoothly.
- Howard Thomas (Chairman of the Trustees of FFGB) for obtaining owners for some 38 horses before the event even took place.
- Barrie Ladds for going 'over and above the call of duty' and single-handely manning the bar for all the thirsty punters.
- John Lewis for ensuring the heating arrangements were spot on.
- Ann Lewis, Helen Legg, Sheila Knowles and Emm Mansfield for all the catering.
- Malcolm Holden - for instigating the evening and providing the audio/visual equipment.
- Sponsors for each of the eight races:-
- Race 1 - Malcolm Holden - Six Sigma Limited (Business Advice and Consultancy)
- Race 2 - Dean Batchelor - Padlock Locksmiths
- Race 3 - Littleover Building Services
- Race 4 - Gone Fishing 4 Business - (Business Networking Club in Derby)
- Race 5 - The President's Cup - Mary Moore
- Race 6 - John Watson of Watson & Watson Limited (Health & Safety Consultants)
- Race 7 - Scargill Mann & Co - (Letting and Estate Agents)
- Race 8 - Ian Rushbrook - Personal Service Garage
- Mary Moore for giving a closing vote of thanks to everyone for all the hard work.